Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Anyone Know Anything About Fundraising?

I have an amazing new friend, Jill. We met one time last fall and then didn't see each other again until April. The reason for the 8 months in between visits is that between our initial meeting and  seeing each other in April, her now 2 year old daughter was diagnosed with a rare form of brain cancer.    
Jill has become a very important person to me through our sporadic visits, me stalking her blog, and our chats via email. As a result,  I feel very strongly about helping her sweet family (are you blushing, Jill? I love you to pieces:) ).
As Evy undergoes treatment to kick cancer's a&*, they shouldn't have to worry about medical expenses.   Right now, I am planning a fundraiser for them but honestly have never done one (Don't worry, Jill! I promise to pull it off)! I volunteered and helped with one during my days with RESOLVE  but nothing beyond that. So, if anyone has any suggestions, they would be appreciated.What I have so far is a band to play at the fundraiser and a local photographer  and in-home bakery willing to donate things for a silent auction or raffle. I still need more items for silent auction and a venue. Any suggestions on how to pull it off or better yet anyone want to help?  The money earned from the fundraiser will go to them through an amazing organization called The Cure Starts Now and therefore is tax deductible.

Who wouldn't want to help this happy little face?

No comments:

Post a Comment