Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Whiny Wednesday

I don't know if there is less whining going on but I do know that I have been called ma'am numerous times this week by Aidan, have not had to clear any plates from any meals and have not had any demands for cotton balls since the first few days. AND they filled up their little jars countless times and filled the entire jar up with cotton balls which led to a group reward! We had a late night (6-8 PM) swim at our pool last night which was loads of fun! I played shark with all the kids which made for a wonderful evening filled with giggles.

So, I need to explore some other options for dealing with the whining. The mean mama in me wants to take away cotton balls for whining but that doesn't seem fair. I guess I will just have to do some research and figure out another whine stopper.

 Hope you are having a good week!

4 comments:

  1. PLEASE let me know what works! Whining is even harder to take when you can't drink it.
    Whine, whine everywhere and not a drop to drink...
    :)

    Just saw on your profile that Bean Trees is one of your faves. Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. G, That is funny because with the original idea of the blog, I thought I could highlight different wines for dealing with the whine! Ha ha! I just haven't gotten that far as I have been too busy searching for jobs (got a few:) ).

    The Bean Trees is such an amazing story but it has been so long so I think I need to re-read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately, wine has been my go-to for dealing with the whining lately. This is stopping on Friday. I have gotten a professional who is going to help me get more healthy and I cannot wait!! Point is, no more fire water. Ultimately this is a good thing. I'm picturing me downstairs meditating, breaking only to scream at my kids to be quiet so that I may meditate....

    G, what do you do? seriously.

    ReplyDelete