Thursday, September 23, 2010

Leaky Sink

This has been a very long two weeks.The Hunk has been working very long hours, staying overnight at work and so I am exhausted and over it.  Anyway, on Tuesday Bear spilled my cup of tea that I made hours before but never got around to drinking. When I went to get a towel to clean it up, I picked up my baskets from under the sink and discovered that they were soaking wet. This is when I discovered the leaky sink. Of course, this was after normal business hours so I couldn't call a plumber. So, I cleaned up the mess made by my tea, and then tried to figure out where the leaking was coming from. When I discovered it, I put a pitcher underneath the sink to catch the water. 
Yesterday was a very stressful day. My girls love preschool but it knocks them out and without naps, they spent the day crying about things that normally would not matter to them. So, I was a bit overwhelmed and not paying all that close attention to what I was doing because I had one or both of my girls crying while clinging to my leg  or laying on the floor crying. Throughout all this fun,  I emptied the container repeatedly  because it was filling up rapidly.  Fast forward to this morning when I pulled out the pitcher to empty  and realized that all day yesterday I was emptying the pitcher into the leaking sink.....

5 comments:

  1. OMG! That is too funny that you were putting it all back into the sink. Sorry for the crappy day! No naps = crazy crying over here, too. Sucks! You are doing a great job and I admire you as a mama!!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear...I have to admit I laughed at the pitcher back into the sink...it is totally something I would do. Ugh.
    And the no-nap transition? Also, ugh! I hope your days take a turn for the better soon (or already have)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andie,

    Thanks for your comment. I am in awe of what you have mobilized. And, I totally hear you on the postpartum thing. It's officially diagnosable for adoptions now. Yay! I'm guessing I helped with that. :)

    Hugs to you, sweet lady,

    Tova

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI there! I am your newest follower. I love finding new blogs and yours is lovely. You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    Take a *peek* at my giveaways if you stop by. Everything is handmade and gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Hanna! I have been neglecting the blog as I focus on some fundraising efforts but will be back on soon enough:)

    TOVA! Hello! So glad to see you here. Thank you for your words. I want some beads!!

    ReplyDelete